Every teenager at some point feels uncomfortable in their own skin. They wish they could forecast the future, or they ask themselves: if I ask this girl to the dance will she say yes? At other times, they wish they were in somebody else’s shoes, like, "I bet so and so never had to deal with this because they can get any girl to go to the dance". In reality, everyone feels this way at some point. This often is triggered by “milestones” within someone’s life.
For example, the first day of school is always hard. This is especially true if someone is new to the school, or does not know anyone going into it. Another example would be, the first time you try to ask someone out. Yet we all experience this, and also feel alone when we do so. I guess this is better then having it written across the front of your shirt, so everyone can see how uncomfortable you feel. For me, this was the first day of high school. I also had an older brother to help me, but I still felt unsure. I kept thinking, what will my teachers be like, what will the rooms look like and where are they, I hope I don’t get lost, I wonder if I will see any of my friends, and will this day ever end? This was one aspect of the book I could relate to, being uncomfortable as a teenager.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment